Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Biscuits and Rupert Rabbit

 

I love Afghan biscuits - mostly when others make them.  Our friend Lee makes the most amazing Afghan's with caramel hidden under the icing!  Oh my gosh!  These helped me through the first few days of breastfeeding - so delicious.


She shared this idea with us too - Afghan's topped with mini easter eggs.  I must admit I was reluctant to make these as no Afghan measures up to the Caramel version and I often end up with the mixture which becomes too crumbly to eat.  Fortunately, K adds the magic touch when she bakes (many touches actually!) and they turned out just right.


It is quite challenging for a nearly two year old to decorate this type of baking without the eggs being mysteriously redirected to her mouth rather than the biscuit.  I guess you might expect that from a little girl deprived of many sweet things - she has a boring old Mum!!  K did struggle to eat her bikkie at the end of her hard work - over the sugar I think?







We have had a wee visitor turn up too.  He is a little shy.  Rupert the Rabbit is warming to the camera.  I will tell you more about him when he relaxes a little!



1 comment:

  1. Yum! Those afghans are making me a little homesick .... well homesick for good ol' Kiwi baking!!!! Bet KB was the best of helpers wearing her lime green Tupperware apron as well:) Can't wait for Rupert the rabbit to get over his shyness so we can see more of him.... have you been busy with your needles??????

    ReplyDelete

Your comments help me build a picture of who is out there reading, please leave a comment to help me adjust my lenz.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...