Friday, March 18, 2011

From complete tangled mess to tangled happy success!

About a two months ago I crashed with the most severe chest infection I have ever experienced. Hating the compulsory rest I set about keeping my hands busy after being inspired by crochet bloggers.  I taught myself how to crochet.  At first I just made knots and tangled messes.  I had some "success" when I accidently created I pixie hat for a large big toe!

Please excuse the "just in from the playground toes"

From that point on I had learned enough from my mistakes and a few online tutorials later and a "star" was born!


Thank you to the wonderful Sara at Tangled Happy and her pattern I managed to finish my first crochet project - a wand!

The wand became a gift for my Ks little friend Mia who recently turned two.  I am so excited, because since this venture I have been keeping my hands busy creating handmade gifts for birthdays - inspired again by another Kiwi Mummy Blogger  at Fountain Head Inc .  I am relishing meeting my personal goals and have so many more crafty projects to share with you.  However, my hands are so busy that they don't seem to get time to be online!!  If you knew me, you would know that that is quite a miracle and a very good thing!

Stay tuned for an extended version of the wand, comets and a bunny!  Thanks so much to the mummy bloggers above x

1 comment:

  1. Oh!!! I love it! Thanks so much for stopping in at Tangled Happy. I just love seeing other peoples finished projects. These little wands are one my favorite creations. My girls have so much fun with them. Cute pixie hat. Isn't it great how its so easy to accidentally create things with crochet. Can't wait to see your progress. Happy crocheting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments help me build a picture of who is out there reading, please leave a comment to help me adjust my lenz.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...