Friday, December 2, 2011

On a roll...a crayon roll roll

Have you visited Skip to My Lou?  For crafting, creating and celebrating this blog is full of fun and fancy and worth a visit.

I have been creating crayon rolls for gifts for Kaea to give to her little friends as birthday presents.

In version one I followed the tutorial almost to the tee.  I made the crayon roll before buying the crayons and then discovered that I could not find a pack of sixteen crayons, so coloured pencils it was!



In version two I modified the design to fit twelve coloured pencils and created my first fabric yo yo on which to fasten the roll.  I found this tutorial on fabric yo yos to be very helpful for a beginner like me.





I know I would love to see my girls receive a gift like this, so I hope Eve and Emma enjoy them.

1 comment:

  1. That is gorgeous - well done! I'm always amazed at our Fairs when the kids from Class 1-3 come up and show me their treasured new coloured pencil/s they have purchased. A truly beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments help me build a picture of who is out there reading, please leave a comment to help me adjust my lenz.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...